Saturday, April 24, 2010

Unusual Bruschettas

     My dear friends, the recipe that I am going to give today is my husband's invention.  One day, I should say one night, when the kids were FINALLY sleeping, and after a hard and long day, we were watching TV.  I can not even remember what was on, but I can only remember that we were starving, and that there was nothing in the refrigerator.  Well... almost nothing.  I only had one Brie cheese, and searching I found at the very bottom of the ice box, like Paula Dean likes to call it, some arugula.   My husband asked me if I had bought bread, and luckily, I did.  Then, after a while of thinking and suggesting, he came up with the recipe that I will now share with you:
Brie and Arugula Bruschetta, and Brie and Spicy Chorizo Bruschetta
    This is a very unusual way to prepare bruschettas, but the results are worthy.  We like to call them italian bruschettas, since the ingredients are more of an italian influence.  And mexican bruschettas, for the chorizo and jalapenos ingredients.
Ingredients:

  • 1 Brie cheese (whole)
  • 2 chorizos 
  • 1 can of jalapenos
  • Arugula
  • Pine nuts
  • 1 White mountain bread or Ciabatta bread (buy the whole piece)
     Cut the bread in semi thick slices and toasted for 3 minutes in a toaster oven.
     Meanwhile, cut the Brie cheese in slices and then cut the slices in half.
     Break open the chorizos.  Take the skin that covers them and cut the chorizos in crumbles.
     For the arugula bruschetta:
     Take slices of Brie and cover the bread.  Arrange the arugula on top, and the sprinkle with pine nuts.
Toast them in the oven at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.  Cut the bread in half and serve immediately for best taste.
     For the Spicy chorizo bruschetta:
     Cover the bread with the Brie, sprinkle with chorizo and cut jalapenos.  Toast the bruschetta at 350 degrees until the cheese melts.  Serve immediately.
     My husband and I like to have it with a rich, full bodied bottle of red wine.  It is an  excellent appetizer.  Que aproveche!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...