Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Savory Guacamole




My Favorite Guacamole Dip 
     The first time I adventured into making a guacamole was a few years ago while in Spain.  A friend of us had brought many avocados, also a gift from another friend of his.  We really did not know what to do with them.  Then, with a little, well I should say a lot, of cilantro and other ingredients, I made this splendid and savory guacamole.  Needless to say, I had to do 3 more refills of guacamole that day.  And even today, when I go to any party, or I organize one, my family and friends always ask me for my guacamole.  Just this weekend, at my brother in law's beautiful house, we had a mexican tasting and my dear nephew rewarded me with the best comment I had received so far.  He told me, referring to my dip: "This is addictive"...  And after this comment there is nothing else to say.

Ingredients:


  • 2 avocados ( buy the smaller and darker type)
  • 1 half white onion
  • 1 cup of cilantro
  • 1 half of a tomato
  • 1 tablespoon of tabasco sauce (you can add more for a spicier taste)
  • 1 tablespoon of lime juice
  • salt to taste
     Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix well.  The guacamole must have a light green color and it should be smooth in texture.  Serve with toasted corn tortillas and a chilled bottle of beer, or a refreshing margarita.  Buen provecho!



1 comment:

Bea Roque said...

Hola Naty!!!

Muchas gracias por tu visita y tu comentario!!! Felicidades por tu blog!! y a ver si tenemos la oportunidad de conocernos cuando vengas por aquí!!!

Un beso


B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...