Thursday, February 25, 2010

My misadventures with a chocolate tort

Food Network Channel Recipe...    
     It's been along time since I do not write anything.  Sometimes I get discouraged...  I wonder if anybody is out there.  Anyway,  here I am again.  And this time is to tell you about my misadventures with a recipe of chocolate tort.  Well, I got the recipe from the Food Network Channel.  They recently aired a program about the worst cooks in America.  Two Chefs from the FNC, Chef Beau and Chef Ann, were supposed to train in the culinary arts a group of people who didn't even know how to fry an egg.  Every episode two of the non trainable worst cooks had to leave the show.   And finally, only two were left.  Well,  from that last meal, the Chef Beau team made this beautiful and deliciously looking individual chocolate tort with melted chocolate inside.  So, I decided to take on an adventure of making it. I  got the recipe from the site, bought all the ingredients and here I am... writing about my disaster.
     After, 12 minutes in the oven, I checked the batter in the ramekins to make sure it wasn't overcooked.  It actually looked undercooked, so I decided to leave it for a couple of minutes longer...WRONG!  When I finally took it out of the oven, the tort looked as if it was dizzy.  One side was bigger that the other, and it didn't look appealing at all.  But anyway, I had to try it.  Was I going to find the savory Ghirardelli chocolate inside as promised by the recipe? ... NOT...  What I found instead was this chewy mass of chocolate surrounded by a specie of chocolate pound cake on the outside.  Awful!


  
      Somehow, I didn't give up.  I took the mini cake, sprinkled it with powder sugar, and add a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top.  Who can resist that?  It actually didn't look unapealing at all.  It seems rather delicious.  For now, I needed my lab rats to try it, so I called my children and gave one to each of them.  To my wonderful surprise, not only they ate it all, but they praised me on it too.  What a wonderful world! ... I was so happy.



     My misadventure had turned into a precious adventure in which my children and my new invented, overcooked,  chocolate tort had turned my cloudy day into a brightly one.  I give my thanks to my most beloved followers... my three children.
     PS: Everything can be fixed.  My advice is do not despair, keep trying because from the mistakes you eventually learn more.  By the way, I promise that very soon I will be posting my success with my liquid center chocolate tort from Chef Beau.  Que aproveche!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...