Friday, July 2, 2010

Pork Tenderloin Wrapped in Bacon and Dijon Mustard

     One day, at the supermarket, looking for something different to feed my family, I came about a nice, juicy piece of pork tenderloin.  To tell you the truth, I had never, ever have cooked pork tenderloin before, but this day I felt adventurous, so I bought the piece.  At the house, I opened the package and cleaned the meat.  I added some salt and pepper, and started to go through the fridge to check how would I make it.  My imagination running wild, and innumerable of watched Chopped episodes later (a cooking show on Food Network), I decided to go simple (just in case dinner was ruined) and I took bacon and mustard.  Who can go wrong with bacon? With this two ingredients, I created a dinner that my kids complimented me on.  And most important of all... their plates were empty.  This night, I didn't need to fight with them as usual.                                          
    Ingredients:

  • 1 pork tenderloin (whole)
  • 10 bacon slices (add more if the piece is long)
  • 1/2 cup of Dijon Mustard (spend the money on this)
  • 1/2 cup of white wine
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
     Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Take the piece of meat and clean it under running water, pat it dry and place it on a cutting board.  Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.  Sprinkle the onion powder and the garlic powder to taste.  Spread the mustard evenly all around the tenderloin.  Use more mustard if needed.  And finally, wrap the whole piece with the bacon.  Make sure the bacon covers well the meat.
Place it on an oven safe dish and pour the white wine around it, not on top.  Put it in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
    In this picture, I served the dish with Potato Salad, but simple mashed potatoes go good together as well.  Que aproveche!

2 comments:

Manny Verdecia said...

Que maravilla!!, ese me lo como allá.
We miss you.

Manny Verdecia said...

Que maravilla!!, ese me lo como allá.
we miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...